Monday, June 27, 2005

Smurfette


La la la la la la la la la la . . .
Ah remember those happy little blue guys? Well in my hot off the needles "Oragnina" I feel all smurfy. It is the right color. I just need a white hat and I could pass.

Seriously though, I love this sweater. I got the pattern from fellow blogger Glampyre. The blog world seems to be full of orangina's right now.

I love the boat neck and the pretty lace and even the smurfy color. I did make some minor changes though.

The first is good news. I used way less yarn than the pattern called for (so now I get to take the unused yarn back and buy more yarn without spending more money!) I used just over 3 balls of Dale Stork color 24. I also swatched the lace and decided it was too open when knit on number 3 needles. So I switched to 1's. This meant I felt like I was knitting forever. Still I think it was worth it. I also switched to putting the whole thing on circular needles as soon as I had the armpits done (this sweater is knit from the top down) That way I didn't have to count rows and sew side seams.

Here is a close-up where you can see the pretty lace better. It is actually a very simple lace that comes off looking much more complicated than it really is. On the other hand, I had to constantly count stiches because it was somehow a very easy repeat to mess up.


1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger winnie said...

my my.. such a wonderful knit. thanks for the suggestions about the phildar instructions on my site. and welcome to knit blogging! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home