Sunday, June 26, 2005

Thumbing my nose at charity


My knitting group is currently working on a charity project where we are collecting squares to join together in afghans which we will be donating. One of the members of our group collected a beautiful, nearly completed, wool granny square afghan. I said I would finish it off so that it could be donated.

So today I fussed with it, sewed in about million ends and suffered for it. Now when I say suffer I don't mean just from the tedium of sewing ends, but from all the dust. I didn't dare wash the afghan before the ends had all been taken care of, but this blanket was so dusty and reeks of mothballs. So finally was I able to put it in the tub for a good soak.

The water turned brown with dirt. (this is a grey afghan by the way) I changed the water about 5 times. It still smells pretty badly of mothballs too. I am hoping that leaving it to soak will help.

While the blanket is soaking and I wait for my allergy pill to kick in, tissue in hand. I keep saying over and over it is for a good cause.

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

Oh dear -- thanks for suffering for us! I'm sorry it was so dusty and smelly!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhchew!

...it is all for a good cause :)
~Dee
CrochetWithDee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home