Friday, July 08, 2005

More WIP

So socks aren't the only things on my needles. I added a little WIP box in my sidebar. I need to figure out how to make it a little more polished than it is. I have to say one thing that I am really impressed by is how nice people's blogs are. I think most people must know a lot more about computers than I do.

Anyway, back to the knitting. I got this yarn from Eleganza Yarns in Frederick.
This yarn is 70% Pima Cotton and 30% angora an thus super soft. It is also super sheddy. I keep getting fluff in my nose. I don't think it counts as allergies when I am actually sneezing because I have large fluffs of rabbit hair in my nose. I am really hoping that it won't continue to shed once I start wearing it.


So what is it? Well I thought yarn this soft needs to go close to the skin so I am making a halter top with it. I also wanted to find something for summer, that I could knit fast, with the correct gauge. This is what I came up with. The pattern is from Adriafil's free patterns in their Dritto and Rovescio magazine and is called Daisy. I am really hoping that I can work it with some sort of strapless bra but I have a feeling that it a futile dream.



This is what I had finished as of Monday night. Last night I finished the right shoulder and neck. I recently learned how to do short row shaping and this project seems perfect for it. I think I will use short rows now on any necks and sleeve wholes that are finished in some other way. It just really gives you a nice edge. I will give you some closeups when I get it finished

I am now really worried that it is going to be too small. When I started I was worried that it would be to big and that I would have to work out some way to put elastic in the back of it, but now I am worried the other way. Also I am having trouble figuring out what they means with some of their finishing directions. This always happens with their patterns. They have some really weird translation issues. I will just fudge it along. We shall see. . .

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger winnie said...

Thanks so much for the tips on knitting socks. That is one lush yarn you're working with.. I'll be looking forward to your tank!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home