Monday, July 18, 2005

Stash enhancement and a new WIP

Why must yarn stores torment me by having sales? I really am beginning to develop a yarn problem. It started as a joke but I really can't seem to help myself anymore. I just keep buying more and more yarn. At least I usually have a project in mind. Although come to think of it I didn't do so good on that front this weekend.

My favorite LYS Eleganza was having a sidewalk sale this weekend. I picked this up at 50% off. How could I say no? I love the tweedy color and it should felt up into something fabulous I just have no idea what right now. It is three skiens of Rowanspun aran. Two red and one navy.

I also picked up some Noro Kureyon #92 to make a booga_bag for my mom. Shhh, don't tell. I think she will like these colors. They have such fantastic colorways and so much to choose from. Kitty helped out in this photo shoot. (AKA tolerated me putting yarn next to her for a few seconds before she started to think it meant she could play with it)




Next I picked up some "Cashmere Luxury Aran" It has no company listed on the tag. It is a pretty light blue and is 45% Merino, 49% microfiber and 6% cashmere. It is super soft and if going to be a one skein wonder for my sister in law if she ever gives me her shoulder measurements. I think she will love the OSW. It perfect for her. Me, I have giant shoulders and would look like a hulking freak in a shrug but Lisa would look fabulous in it.



And last but not least I started mosaic knitting this weekend. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I think it is turning out really well. This is going to be a wedding afghan for Shep and Jen. There is no way it will be finished in time for the wedding on labor day; they will just have to make due with a photo and a promise. I got the pattern from Family Circle Easy Knitting Holiday 2003. The yarn is Pattons Simply Soft. Normally I wouldn't go for acrylic but it is so soft and is for an afghan. It is nice to be able to tell people they can just bing it in the wash.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

The mosaic is gorgeous -- I love the colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home