Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Still exhausted

****I need to put in a big note here that I did not take any of these photos. My fellow campers did. I was worried about my camera getting salt and sand in it so it stayed home ****




I am still recovering from the busiest week ever. Assategue was great. I was a bit anti-social for some reason. I am never one for huge crowds and I think 95 people camping counts as that. I was just in one of those moods where I was happier doing my own thing.


It was insane. I don't know how Jamie and Kevin managed to organize this whole event but it came off without a hitch as far as I could tell. I got there around 6:30 on Friday and set up my tent and helped some others do likewise. We cooked dinner and then had a bonfire down on the beach.


I love fires and just hanging out talking.
Ok I think some of use had more fun with the fire than others . . .

It was so hot on Friday I didn't really get much sleep.

I got up early on Saturdaygrabbed some breakfast and coffee and headed down to the beach with my book. (I need to get all of the book read for book club on Tuesday and I am a really slow reader)

Thank god it was cooler on Saturay bu even still once it started to heat up I fled for some shade. Even with factor 30 on I managed to get pretty burnt. The problem with 30 is that if you miss even one small spot you have this flaming red burn in crazy patterns. Oh well. I mostly did alright though and I have gotten lots of compliments on how tan I look at work this week.

I spent a lot of time in the ocean too. Biggest waves I have seen around here in a long time. Totally fun.

Here is me cooking dinner Sat with other intrepid campers.

After dinner it was back to the beach for another campfire. This time Vicko and Ming did some crazy fire dancing. They twirled and danced with these flaming things. It was amazing. (In case you are wondering this is the same Ming I have blogged about before who has the knitting art exhibit going in DC right now. How cool is she???)



Sunday morning I was up early, packed and headed home. I needed to get home in order to begin my lovely visit with my aunt and our little fiber tour. More on that tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

It sounds like it was a nice trip! That Ming, what a talented gal.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Agnes said...

Welcome to the camp of knitter-bloggers! You have some wonderful pictures here! Love camp fire!
And I like your cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home