Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Update

Friday night I finished Daisy. She could have been a bit longer, but all in all isn't too bad. I really need to accept the fact that I am freakishly long-waisted. I normally add length to everything, but this had so much shaping in it I was afraid to try it. Now am afraid to wear it because it is too short and well let's face it too skimpy for someone of my size. Sigh.




I don't know how much I will be able to wear her though. I am afraid to sweat in it with all the angora, likewise I don't want to take her to a bar where she would get smoky. While it is softer than anything I have ever knit, I don't think I will be knitting with angora again.



Still she was a fun little knit and she is sooo soft. I also really like the little knobs on the back where the straps attach.







Saturday Kristie and I went to Fiberworks to check out their sale. They have tons of yarns there, but the store looks like a whirlwind hit it. For some reason I thought this shop was in VA. So when I mapquested it and found out it was only 12 miles from me and they were having a sale I had to check it out. Unfortunately, will the shop isn't that far in distance it was all back roads and actually took a long time to get there.

I found some nice ribbon yarn (Gedifra Algrave) though to make a tank from Filati #27

It is this neat ribbon yarn that blends from cotton tape to polyamide. So the fabric it knits has are really interesting shine and texture to it. I think this one is gonna be a real winner. And while I am thinking about it, I am gonna add another section of the basket weave in order to add some length.



I also cast on, and re-cast on and re-cast on Polka Purl Dots (Interweave Sp 04). The pattern calls for a tubular cast on. I had never done this before and the directions make it seem pretty complicated. And let me tell you when you are casting on 306 stitches in a seed stitch it is easy to make a mistake. This will be my second wrap sweater. I like them because they are sorta guaranteed to fit. I am using Plymouth Wildflower DK in a pale lavender for this. So far I am hating this yarn. It splits, it untwists, the color is light than I thought it would be. . . Color is always a problem when ordering on-line.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

I like Daisy. I think you could wear her with a white or blue shirt over, maybe in the spring or fall when it's not too sticky.

And as for the new tank, wow! It looks really pretty. Do you have any tank tops that are a length you like? You could try measuring them and then adding however much length to the pattern to make it a length you know you'll be comfortable with.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Nissiwebmaster said...

I like this yarn products. This images are very nice. http://www.rjkimpex.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home