Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What I'm working on

So far I have been dwelling in the past. It's time to look to the future. So what am I working on.



I mentioned that I started some socks the other day. After a lot of fiddling and frogging I have the foot of one sock that looks, ok and is the right size. I am not super happy with them but . . . they will do and I will wear them to be sure. I actually really like this yarn. It doesn't split which is always good and I like the feel of it.



And who is this being "helpful" while I try to take photos? Who decided that the wire on my circs makes a really great toy? I guess it is time to introduce you to my room mate: Kitty

I thought I would be able to come up with some super clever name for my cat. I kept thinking and thinking. Now six years have past and she is still Kitty. I really wish I were more clever. Sigh.

I picked up Kitty from the SPCA in East Providence, RI in 1999. I never had a cat before and really didn't know what I was getting in too. I went to the SPCA with two criteria: I wanted a female and I wanted her to have short hair. Well I picked this little girl out of the litter and had no idea that she would have long hair. Oops. She was just so cute and fluffy how could I resist.



I thought a lot about getting her declawed and decided not to. I don't know if that was the right decision or not. She does not go outside, and she has done a number on my furniture. She HATES to have her claws cut. There is no way I can do it alone. I have lost a lot of blood trying. As a result I just buy her lots of scratch toys and try not to wince too much when she claws me. Mostly it is by accident. Mostly.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

She is super cute. My girl-cat has taken to "helping" me knit -- she bites at the cable connecting my circs -- she's 9 years old and only just started doing this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home