Monday, August 29, 2005

Some WIP

There hasn't been much finishing of knitting going on, but I keep starting new things. I never used to be this way. When did my attention span get so short?

You might remember I started a pair of socks a while ago that were in a double eyelet pattern I had designed. Well I hated them. They looked blindingly busy. So I ripped them out. I tried several more patterns but just thought everything looked too busy. I recently signed Knitting on the Road out from the library. I really didn't notice the Friday Harbor socks. The sample they have knitted is done in really dark colored wool so you can't see the pattern at all. However, there is the Friday Harbor KAL going on and I saw some of the socks being knitted and I thought it would be perfect for my yarn.

I had to add a lot of stitches to make a sock big enough to fit my giant calves but I now have 1 sock almost completed



I also started in on another pair of socks in this super bright pink Twinkletoes yarn I got from Rainbow Knits on eBay. This yarn is finer than most sock yarns I have used. This can be both good and bad. I tried a couple patterns with it before settling on this one. The color is also much brighter in person than I thought it was going to be. Ah well.

And finally, I finished the main part of my Autumn shawl from Kiparro. I am working on the border lace and then I can finally block it and hopefully the lace detail will show up more. I am a little concerned about the shedding factor of this yarn, but other than that it was lovely to work with. I really like the colors a lot even though they aren't in my usual color pallet.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

I really like both the socks, and I can't wait to see the finished shawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home