Thursday, November 17, 2005

Kiparoo Autumn Shawl

I finished the shawl.



Here it is blocking.

It took about a million pins but I got all the points stretched out. I think I over blocked it a bit on one side. See I have the yarn-over problem. The way I wrap results in a longer YO between two knits than between purl and a knit. Thus there is some unevenness. I know if I wrapped in the other direction it would fix the problem, but I can't seem to force myself to change the way I knit. Sorta like trying to learn to knit continental. I just can't seem to force myself to do it.

Anyway, back to the shawl. This was a fun easy knit. The yarn was a bit scratchier than I thought it would be and it also resulted in a lot of striping which I didn't like. It also looks a lot more like a granny shawl than I thought it would. I took it to work and throw it over my shoulders when my office gets too cold. I give it a C+

IMG_0603

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home